About the position:
UWC Mahindra College seeks to appoint an experienced candidate who will work collaboratively with faculty, staff and students to promote and maintain the welfare, health, safety and wellbeing of individuals and the community. They will report to the Head of Student Life.
Detailed Job Description here.
Reports to: Head of Student Life
Start date: August 1, 2022
- Provide counselling support to a multicultural and multilingual community and promote cross-cultural understanding among all members of the community.
- Advise all students, staff and faculty on psychological health and wellness for themselves and for others.
- Be available to students as “first line” support; refer students to professional services (in Pune) as and when required.
- Provide ongoing information for students, staff and faculty on matters of wellbeing.
- Promote Social and Emotional Learning by devising and delivering a Personal, Social, Health & Economic Education (PSHE) programme for students.
- Adopt a preventative approach and promote skill building so students are better able to manage their emotional and psychological health.
- Provide Head of Student Life, Wada Parents and Advisors with relevant information and advice and, when appropriate run workshops and awareness building sessions.
- Propose and establish policies and practices relating to psychological health and wellness and maintain and update all mental health and wellbeing policies.
- Communicate and liaise with parents and guardians to create a holistic support plan for students.
- Provide guidance, training and support to the Peer Support Group on campus.
- Collaborate with professional staff in managing psychological wellbeing and manage appointments with off-campus Psychological Counsellor.
- Conduct formal and informal surveys to develop knowledge and understanding of relevant wellbeing issues.
- Analyse relevant data and propose strategies to improve processes and practices around wellbeing on campus.
- Review new student admission files to identify relevant information which should be shared with the Faculty.
- Attend all mandatory meetings including College, Faculty and Residential Life (Wada) meetings.
- Ensure students, staff and faculty know the relevant laws, policies, procedures and ethical considerations in relation to mental health and student wellbeing.
- Work with the Head of Student Life and the Deputy Head of College on all matters of student health and wellness and co-create a wellness plan for students with psychological challenges.
- Collaborate with the Learning Support coordinator to ensure that students receive holistic support and services to be successful in the College programs.
- Undertake any other relevant work assigned by the Head of College / Deputy Head of College within this domain.
How to Apply:
For instructions on how to apply and a more detailed job description, please refer to this downloadable PDF.
Deadline for receiving applications: January 31, 2022