About the position:
The School librarian is responsible for managing and maintaining a record of all academic and non-academic content available in the Library. He/she will create a dynamic learning environment where collaboration and creative problem solving thrive. The librarian will be an excellent communicator who encourages and promotes enthusiasm in others for lifelong learning. He/she will instill a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information. He/she will collaborate with teachers and specialists to ensure appropriate electronic and material library resources to support teaching and learning.
Detailed Job Description here.
Reports to: Head of Academics
Start date: August 1, 2022
- To be responsible for the curation, management and development of the library environment and resources, including information and communication technology (ICT), contributing to and supporting the IB curriculum
- In conjunction with Subject Coordinators, to evaluate, select and acquire resources in all required formats, balancing the need to develop ICT resources with the need to provide book-based resources
- To be responsible for all aspects of stock maintenance, including purchase, classification, cataloguing and regular stock auditing
- To use and maintain the library software.
- To teach seminars about academic research and citation of sources.
- To contribute to the library policies and development plans
- To develop a library user education programme which develops students’ independent access to the library and its resources, including ICT.
- To be proactive in promoting the library and its resources to staff and students by means of displays and assemblies
- To supervise and develop the skills of student librarians actively promote student librarianship responsibilities within the library
- To manage the library’s budget, including preparing financial estimates and to provide reports and statistics on the use of resources and effectiveness of policies
- To provide e-reading opportunities for students who prefer this option
- To collaborate with teachers to share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge
- Manage, track and monitor reading data and liaise with teachers in order to raise attainment
- To support the school’s literacy strategy in liaison with the Language and Literature Coordinators and Head of Academics
- To actively promote a love of reading amongst students
- To promote the development of a reading culture using changing displays and activities within the library
- To lead library-related initiatives
How to Apply:
For instructions on how to apply and a more detailed job description, please refer to this downloadable PDF.
Deadline for receiving applications: January 31, 2022