About UWC Mahindra College:
UWC Mahindra College is a pre-university residential college to 240 students aged 16 to 19 representing more than 80 countries and with 30 faculty members from around the world. The college offers the globally recognised International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) for two years. Resting in the 175-acre biodiversity reserve, our campus is located 40 km outside of Pune amidst the greater Western Ghats – one of the world’s top biodiversity hotspots.
About the position:
UWC Mahindra College is looking to recruit an energetic and dynamic Fundraising & Donor Relations Officer to join the Advancement team. The appointee will have overall responsibility for streamlining systems and processes around knowledge management, donor stewardship and fundraising administration related duties. This would be coupled with, strategic input and strong execution support to enable fundraising targets for the college.
Detailed Job Description here.
Supervisor for the role: Head of Advancement
- Actively engage with the Head of Advancement to deliver on the fundraising targets for the office and play a key role in executing on the work that enables this.
- Take lead (content writing) in developing various fundraising collateral (pitch decks, FAQs, brochures, case for support, etc.)
- Support with donor outreach and solicitation activities including setting up meetings, preparing an agenda for discussions, participating in meetings and responding to donor queries. Following up with donors in the pipeline and ensuring movement across all open conversations.
- Support the office to migrate to more sophisticated knowledge management systems including database software, prospect research tools and other systems and processes that can drive strategic donor insight
- Manage the data migration process and provide support and guidance to upskill team members to leverage new systems.
- Prepare a revamped engagement plan to steward donors that are actively giving to the college. Provide project management support to ensure current stewardship efforts being driven by the executive officer are delivered as per pre-agreed timelines and reports being shared are up to a certain standard.
- Streamline and oversee the process of providing donors with payment confirmations, thank you receipts, and requisite tax exemption paperwork.
- Take responsibility to ensure all contracts with vendors such as payment gateway providers (Instamojo, Razor Pay), fundraising platforms (Give Campus), Corporate/Institutional donors, etc. are up to date, renewed in a timely manner and the office is adhering to any commitments with regards to the same.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- A Graduate or post-graduate degree in economics, communications, business, and/or international development/policy subjects.
- Excellent verbal communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external individuals and organizations. Experience in public speaking would be an added advantage.
- Must be a strategic thinker, able to push forward with imperfect information, and comfortable providing direction to others.
- 6+ years of professional experience in the not-for-profit, education management or international development sectors, with at least 2 years in fundraising and/or business development.
- Corporate crossovers in allied fields (marketing, sales, business development) are also encouraged to apply
- Prior experience of working on database systems and maintaining CRM/donor databases or working in strategic philanthropy including experience of working with HNI/UHNI and corporate donors is a plus.
How to Apply:
For instructions on how to apply and a more detailed job description, please refer to this downloadable PDF.
Deadline for receiving applications: May 3, 2021