About UWC Mahindra College:
UWC Mahindra College is a pre-university residential college to 240 students aged 16 to 19 representing more than 80 countries and with 30 faculty members from around the world. The college offers the globally recognised International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) for two years. Resting in the 175-acre biodiversity reserve, our campus is located 40 km outside of Pune amidst the greater Western Ghats – one of the world’s top biodiversity hotspots.
About the position:
UWC Mahindra College is looking to recruit an energetic and dynamic Alumni Engagement & Short Courses Manager to join the Advancement team. The incumbent would be accountable for the Advancement Office goals around alumni engagement and earned income opportunities and the Execution and managerial support to enable team effort in successful delivery of planned activities.
Detailed Job Description here.
Supervisor for the role: Head of Advancement
- Database Management: Build on the current iteration of the office’s alumni and key stakeholder database to ensure completeness and accuracy of existing data.
- Work closely with the Executive Officer to identify and execute strategies to grow the size of the database and capture additional information on key stakeholders.
- Strategy: Drive clarity around the question, alumni engagement to what end?Define clear objectives for pursuing alumni engagement opportunities and prepare and track conversion metrics that can ascertain successful achievement of these objectives.
- Prepare an engagement plan and activity calendar in line with objectives defined with a focus to drive movement on identified conversion metrics.
- Implementation: Take ownership to deliver on the identified engagement plan with support from other members on the team.
- Take responsibility to plan multiple annual reunions for the alumni cohort including those that have completed 10 and 20 years respectively since graduating.
Summer Programmes / Short Courses:
- Take ownership over project management duties across the life-cycle of activities including planning and coordination, outreach/advertising, and program implementation.
- Planning & Coordination: Drive consensus among the college leadership team over key programs that should be offered and develop the calendar of educational programs that will be offered in the summer months of the college.
- Outreach & Advertising: Working closely with the Communications Manager, finalize the promotion plan to advertise and market these programs to the age appropriate audiences.
- Program Implementation: Manage the day-to-day execution of programs, stepping in to problem solve wherever needed. Ensure program protocols are being adhered to and program outcomes are being met
Earned Income Initiatives:
- Work with the Head of Advancement to develop a future vision to monetize key college assets (both physical infrastructure and people assets) and spare capacity as further revenue generating opportunities for the college
- Streamline and oversee the process of providing donors with payment confirmations, thank you receipts, and requisite tax exemption paperwork.
- Take responsibility to ensure all contracts with vendors such as payment gateway providers (Instamojo, Razor Pay), fundraising platforms (Give Campus), Corporate/Institutional donors, etc. are up to date, renewed in a timely manner and the office is adhering to any commitments with regards to the same.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- A Graduate or post-graduate degree in economics, communications, business, and/or international development/policy subjects.
- Excellent verbal communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external individuals and organizations. Experience in public speaking would be an added advantage.
- Must be a strategic thinker, able to push forward with imperfect information, and comfortable providing direction to others.
- 6+ years of professional experience with at least 2 years of relevant experience in the higher education sector including alumni relations, educational programming and/or stakeholder engagement.
- Corporate crossovers in allied fields (public relations, and digital marketing) are also encouraged to apply
- Prior experience of working on database systems and maintaining CRM systems is a plus.
How to Apply:
For instructions on how to apply and a more detailed job description, please refer to this downloadable PDF.
Deadline for receiving applications: May 3, 2021