Volunteer for the 2017 Alumni Reunion
22nd Nov 2016 by Maria Charles - ,
A message from the 2017 Reunion Organizers:
Save the Date for Reunion for the Classes of 2007 and 2008! 4 – 7 August 2017. (All members of the class should have received an email invite. If not, please write to [email protected])
In preparation for this amazing weekend, we’d like to invite class volunteers to be in charge of shaping the event with the Advancement Office’s support so you get the reunion you want! Please indicate the ‘Committees’ you’d like to be part of (maximum two, please!) by clicking on the Facebook Poll in the Reunion Group or emailing your name to [email protected] The time and energy you devote to these tasks are rewarding and a lot of fun!
Descriptions of Volunteer Positions:
- Promotions & Registration Savants: Inspire everyone to come to Reunion so we have the best reunion attendance possible! Help make sure we’ve got invitations out to everyone including faculty, coordinate with Usha on RSVPs, nudge people on registrations, encourage classmates to bring happy partners and sticky babies, and most excitingly plan the Wada rooming allotments!
- Travel Coordinators (Mumbai or Pune-based alumni preferred): aka Arrival/Departure Transport Committee who will support Usha Sundaram with Arrival/Departure Logistics and be the organizational genius behind the amazing traditional Reunion Party Bus to/from Pune.
- Programme & Events Planners: Plan what the weekend will look like with input from our classmates! Do we want a wada concert, football or frisbee, late evening internet hill hike, village drummers or perhaps a mock Fire Service drill? The weekend is an empty canvas!
- Community Engagers: Make this weekend about engaging meaningfully not only with each other but with the extended communities who made our time special at MUWCI. Plan a visit to Sadhana Village? Paud Children’s Home? Meet the oldest RKHS employees on campus and learn about changes from their perspective? Learn about the work Akshara is doing? Meet the Foundation Programme students from the valley? Plan these opt-in experiences to make this a weekend with greater purpose.
- Yearbook Editors: Help put together a yearbook tracing your journeys over the last decade. Design a stimulating questionnaire or get conversations going on the Facebook group about what people have been up to and help put together a reflective narrative about the diversity of paths taken by UWC grads from 2007 & 2008.
- Souvenir Designers: We all want to go back home from this weekend with a gift to remember our time on the hill. Help plan and design a reunion t-shirt or mug we can share with all reunion attendees and send on request to classmates & faculty who could not make it.
- Reunion Class Gift Organizers: We’re back after 10 years and a lot of who we are is because of #MUWCI! The entire UWC movement is founded on the concept of philanthropy and we were all benefactors in some way, whether it was scholarships paid by National Committees or this beautiful campus gifted by the Mahindras. This is a time to come back – and to give back! Can we be the first reunion class to collectively sponsor a scholarship or equivalent fundraising goal? Work with the Advancement Office to understand how our classes can support the college’s strategic planning & goals, Vision 2022 and commitment to transparency and accountability. Participation matters more than the amount donated and with the Davis IMPACT Match, where your donations are doubled by Shelby Davis, there is no better time to give!
We are so looking forward to welcoming you on campus in August! Questions? Email Maria or Usha in the Office of Advancement at [email protected]